Since 2011, the Kentucky Export Initiative has provided financial assistance to nearly 200 Kentucky companies through the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP). The STEP program provides grants that can be used for a variety of trade services, including:
- Airfare (Fly America Rules, must be preapproved)
- Meals and Lodging (GSA/Dept. of State, must be preapproved)
- Baggage Fees
- Currency Exchange Fees
- Ground Transportation
- Trade Show Registration Fees
- Trade Show Booth Space
- Trade Mission Fees
- DOC Subscription to services (GOLD Key, International Partner Search, etc.)
- Export Training
- Stipends for Web Site Translations into Foreign Languages (up to $3,000)
- Compliance (must be approved—up to $3,000)
Funded in part through a grant award with the U.S. Small Business Administration
Kentucky has been awarded more than $2.4 million by the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of International Trade to promote exporting activities for Kentucky’s small businesses. This program has helped Kentucky companies across the state establish an international presence and grow their businesses.
NOTICE: The Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development’s services, assistance and activities are available to all without regard to race, color, gender or national origin and it is in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.