Since 2011, the Kentucky Export Initiative has provided financial assistance to over 200 Kentucky companies through the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP). The STEP program provides a grant that can be used for a variety of trade services, including:
- support for small business participation in foreign trade missions and foreign market sales trips (including virtual);
- subscription to services by the Department of Commerce;
- translation services;
- design of international marketing media;
- trade show exhibitions (including virtual);
- participation in training workshops (including virtual); and
- other export initiatives determined to be appropriate by the SBA.
Kentucky has been awarded more than $1.4 million by the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Office of International Trade to promote exporting activities for Kentucky’s small businesses. This program has helped Kentucky companies across the state establish an international presence and grow their businesses.